Who doesn’t want to live a healthy life? If we can live a healthy life through more simple activities, why don’t we follow it? If we can do these things in our daily activities, it will be very helpful to live a healthy life.
What Can You Do To Stay Healthy
There are 5 simple things you can do, to stay healthy.
1. Avoid smoking and smokers
2. Eat right and keep your BMI fit
3. Try to avoid drinking alcohol
4. Exercise daily
5. Sleep right
Avoid smoking and smokers
Smoking is very Danger to your life as well as other people surrounding you. If you smoke, you should quit, smoking harms you and everyone around you.
Did you know?
- Cigarette smokers have a high risk of heart attack.
- Cigarette smokes have an extremely high risk of lung cancer.
- Each year over 300,000 Americans die from lung cancer, caused by smoking.
- 75% of deaths caused by Emphysema and Bronchitis are directly linked to smoking.
If you want to stay healthy, you’ll have to quit smoking and avoid smokers, because “Passive Smoking” can be as harmful, as “Active Smoking”.
Eat right and Keep your BMI fit
How to Eat Right?
As I’ve mentioned in my previous article: “Diet: How to really make your Diet work for you?” , your body needs a proper Balanced Nutrition Diet, with a proper daily amount of: vitamins, minerals, proteins and carbohydrates.
What can a proper Balanced Nutrition do for you?
- Offer effective Weight-Management solution
- Reduce fat and increase your body tone
- Prevent and decrease signs of aging
- Strengthen cardiovascular and immune systems
- Regulate levels of sugar and insulin
- Help regulate cholesterol level
- Improve your memory and clarity of mind
What is the BMI and how the knowledge of it, can help you to improve your health?
Knowing your BMI, you can tell whether your weight complies with the standard or you have extra weight (or your weight is insufficient).
The BMI is directly related to the health risk; as the BMI increases, the risk also rises. That is why it is so important to know your Body Mass Index and keep it safe (18,5 – 24,8)
Body Mass Index Formulas:
BMI formula (Metric): BMI = ( Weight in Kilograms / ( Height in Meters ) x ( Height in Meters ))
BMI formula (English): BMI = ( Weight in Pounds / ( Height in inches ) x ( Height in inches )) x 703
Try to avoid drinking Alcohol
So, why is it so important to avoid Alcohol, in order to improve your health?
Alcohol has many side effects
- heart and central nervous system damage
- stomach ailments
- liver damage
- a high risk of alcoholism e.t.c.
So, if you are serious about living a healthy lifestyle – avoid alcohol at all costs.
Exercising is very important for human health and has proven to be a good cure for many well-known deceases.
How much exercising is enough?
In order to be healthy, you need at least 10 -15 minutes a day of exercising. You can do meditation as well.
Also, you could combine your average daily activities with exercising, to save time.
These, are just few examples of what you can do:
Walking at least 5000 steps a day
Walking up stairs instead of using elevators.
Do some running instead of walking. e.t.c.
A good night sleep is very important, without it, all of the things I have mentioned above, would not work.